Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Happy New Year .....

......plus one month and several days!!.  I get the feeling that 2010 is going to fly by.  Since last posting we've had Christmas and New Year, 3 birthdays, one mega sleepover and mega party, one anniversary, and two trips to London.  My camera died over Christmas and although since miraculously resucitated (not sure that is how you spell that one!) it is definitely on its last legs.  In amongst all of that it's been a bit of a problem to find time to post and this blog and my textile blog have been sorely neglected.  Today I have an unexpected day off work (courtesy of a very poorly daughter full of cold and sore throat) and it's an opportunity for a catch up both here and with housework.  

On a positive note, the SDC show at the Mall Galleries went off well and was a successful event.  Sadly, I didn't feel very much a part of it this year as I was unable to make the opening night.  But it was great catching up with people on the last day, and I did at least sell one thing.

My New Year's resolution to draw every day has slipped a bit (as has the dieting!!......it's just too cold to eat salad) but I have done a bit here and there.

(all my drawings though some of you may recognise the Danny Roberts image)


....and determined to convince myself Spring is nearly here (despite the odd 5 inches of snow and frosty icy mornings) hyacinths are very much a feature in our house at the moment.


Finally I have used my Xmas present money to treat myself to a tapestry workshop with Fiona Rutherford at her home in Jesmond and a course in jewellery making with Julie Seaman a Huddersfield based artist.  I have had three sessions so far and have been expertly instructed how to anneal, texture, punch out, dome, solder .......all I have to do now is master all of that and put it all together!
Here's an example of my efforts to date.   



I suppose they could be brooches!
Things will improve I'm sure.

No comments: