Sunday, 6 April 2008

Yesterday was another .....

....very useful and enjoyable day at Bankfield on Hilary Bower's textile course. It was lovely to meet up with all the talented ladies in the group and come away refocused, reinvigorated and enthused to continue work for our exhibition later this year. Working as part of a group, particularly this group, has been a very rewarding experience. It is all too easy after college to become dispirited and give up or put off making when you are no longer part of a like minded, supportive group and there is no impending degree show to spur you on......so a very big thank you to everyone on the group for being there!!!
Our exhibition now has a name......................."REVEAL"
...but I cannot reveal anymore at this point.......it'll have to wait to the opening evening. I'll post the date for that later.
In the meantime.....more good news on the sales front as one of my framed hearts was sold by the Platform Gallery at Clitheroe. Even better, was that someone bought it as a wedding gift, which I think is very apt. I don't have a picture of the same piece as each one is different but (because I don't like posting without at least one photo image) this will give a general idea!




The Platform Gallery is a wonderful exhibition centre in Clitheroe and has a good sized shop with a wide variety of artist's work on display...well worth a visit if you're in the area!

2 comments:

Thriftin and Craftin said...

Thanks for the compliment about my umbrella bag. I appreciate it. Your art pieces are amazing. I can't imagine how you make them. They are beautiful. The heart is a perfect wedding gift. Good luck on your exhibit!

Clare said...

Hi Kerry, I won't get to Clitheroe any time soon, tehe. But my Mum and Dad had visited there many times over the years. My relatives all live in Lancashire!
Congrats on your sale!!