Friday, 21 March 2008

Back to basics...

...been reading back over my blog and noticed a distinct lack of textile/designer maker progress information which of course is what this was all supposed to be about when it started. I seem to have got a bit side tracked on the illustration front (good fun though!).

So, to catch up a bit.....progress recently has been made in the shape of the following...

1. a request to become involved in the Saltaire Open Houses Arts Trail this September. I participated in this last year and hope to feature some of my ceramics there again. More on this later in the year.

2. receipt of an order for some cards and badges which came about after answering a call for "quirky seaside items" from Aadrvark - a new tea room/gallery in St. Leonards - which I wish was a bit closer so I could pay a visit, because it looks scrumptious! The cards and badges are based on some collage work I recently did with wire and fabric on a seaside theme. This is one of the card designs....















and.......saving best for last

3. confirmation that San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles are going to feature my work in the Unchartered Stitches: Beyond Knitting exhibition in June-August this year. They will be showing three of my portrait pieces and I feel very greatly honoured to be taking part.

Here is a sneaky peek at one of the pieces....




















So all in all not a bad month so far!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry...those little seaside cards are too adorable. Love them. Big congrats on your work being in the exhibition. The sneak peek you showed looks awesome.

Hello! said...

Those seaside cards are simply adorable! Congrats on your exhibit too :)

KT Mo Design Studio said...

thankyou very much audrey and gaia for your very kind words!
kerry

syko kajsa said...

Congratulations! So much good news! I love your new cards and I'm sure they will sell well!

Great umbrella!!!

KT Mo Design Studio said...

thank you very much syko for your kind comments
kerry